Advanced security and remote monitoring
Anchor Group Services are a leading provider of integrated security solutions including; Manned Security, Mobile Patrols, Key Holding, CCTV Surveillance, Remote Monitoring and Alarm Response. Cromwell Tools the UKs leading supplier of power tools and personal protective equipment to industry are a long standing customer of Anchor Group.
During a recent audit it became apparent there were some major weaknesses and blind spots in the Cromwell CCTV system despite a fairly recent upgrade to high definition. We were then approached by Anchor to provide a complete security solution to connect to their central monitoring room.
Major points include:
- Site wide upgrade of external static cameras to 8 Mega pixel (4K) Ultra High Definition.
- Site wide perimeter analytics’s to trigger monitoring alerts.
- 360 degree fisheye cameras covering the entire internal low level warehouse.
- Complete new Cat5e and fibre optic network to support the CCTV system.
- External IP Redwalls motion detection around all critical external areas.
- New broadband connection and active managed network to facilitate remote monitoring and management.
- New 4 Mega pixel 36x Pan Tilt Zoom cameras covering the complete perimeter with automatic object tracking.
Installation began just before the Covid 19 lockdown. This posed additional issues as the site was unoccupied for a greater length of time than usual, therefore security was a greater priority and lead time for broadband installation was extended. To work around this we installed a temporary 4G router with a fixed IP address to allow remote monitoring before the permanent connection could be commissioned.